Water Effect (step by step)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Water Effect (step by step)

Post by Sjak on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:31 am

REF: Carsofabq

We start off with a red scuffed panel

Im not to happy with the red so I painted it orange and sprayed a light coat of Zirillic pearl in some 222 over it

after the paint has set up for about 15 minutes I go in with the water bottle and start to spray it on I found that spraying it up at an angle gives it a more random effect

Here is the panel with the water on it dont make the water drops to big or it will take forever for the water to evaporate

Now its time to spray some paint I hold the gun sideways at a low level so that we only get the bottom of the water drops dont put on to much paint keep you pressure low and I over reduce the paint a lil . I just added a lil red toner to the orginal orange paint to darken it up.

Know I go get some yellow and do the same thing from the oppisite end and using very lil it will go along way and I use the same spraying method

here is what the panel looks like after I was done spraying the bases

I let it completly dry up and here is what we have

I dont wipe it or tack it or anything I make sure its dry and spray some clear over the panel and here is the finished product

Here are the three colors I used for this demo
this is the orange of the panel

and here is the yellow and red

Hope this Helps you out this makes A nice background effect or an overall effect and its not that hard to do it just takes a lil time

Sjak

Number of posts: 7
Registration date: 2008-04-21

View user profile http://www.districtflevoland.nl

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top